Join the Oxcart at the Acushnet River Herring Festival!
Enjoy food, festivities, and outdoor fun during the fourth annual Acushnet River Herring Festival on Saturday, May 11 at The Sawmill in Acushnet. This family-friendly festival will celebrate the ongoing restoration of the Acushnet River during the annual river herring migration. The festival is free and open to all, and will feature music, live animal demonstrations, and the Oxcart food truck.
2019 Schedule of Activities:
- 12:30-1:30pm – Birds of Buzzards Bay with the Buttonwood Park Zoo
- 2:00-3:00pm – Native Wildlife with Wild Care Cape Cod
- 3:30-4:15pm – Toe Jam Puppet Band LIVE Concert
- 12:00-3:00pm – Oxcart Food Truck
- ALL DAY: Canoe the Acushnet River, Be A Baywatcher, River Exploration, Bird Observation, Learn About River Herring with MassFisheries, Sawmill Restoration Tour